Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pre-Conference for Adoptive Mamas

So what happens when you get a bunch of women in the room and start talking about Jesus and your children? Tears...

Today was so refreshing, encouraging, and uplifting. This morning Dr. Donna Thoennes  spoke to us about "Gospel Rest" and it was such a relevant, applicable topic for every single mom!!  (I'll post a summary of her talk sometime tomorrow)

We also had a great line up of ladies on two different panel discussions: Noel Piper, Julie Gumm, Kristen Howerton, Melody Liezau, and Dorthy Bode. It was great to see all the different perspectives from women, from different ages, who have each adopted through different means (international, domestic, fost/adopt), and literally from all over the world.

Each of these women are an inspiration and if you are looking for good things to read...check out their blogs.

The conference starts tomorrow! I still have to get all my kids packed up to stay the weekend at my aunt's house and finish preparing for my workshop tomorrow on "Raising Your Child to Care for the Orphan", but thanks to Donna's wise words, I'm going to "say no" to the pile of dishes in my sink and get to them on Sunday. :)

Check in throughout the weekend for summaries from the different speakers. First up tomorrow morning: Darrin Patrick 

3 comments:

  1. It was great meeting you. I am bummed I had to leave and miss your session due to a sick kid and juggling schedules. Thanks for the time you and Donna spent on this day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I could have been there. My husband and I had planned on coming to the conference; however, it just wasn't meant to be, as we could not have our daughter miss that much school and we are in the process of a medication adjustment for her as well. Glad it went well. One of these years we'll make it, Lord willing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so blessed by your session. You have a Love and a passion for the Lord and his children and it shines through you so beautifully. One of the the most powerful things I walked away with this weekend was a comment you made in your session that if we think because we have adopted we have done our part to care for the orphan, we are wrong because they are no longer orphans. They were once orphans but are no more. I Loved that. Thanks for sharing your heart and insight.

    Melody Lietzau

    ReplyDelete